Language

"IOAN SIMA" ART MUSEUM ZALĂU

The building hosting, at present, the art section of the County Museum of History and Art Zalău was erected in 1910, being the property of the Roth family until 1930; since 1930 it becomes the headquarters of the National Bank, purchased from its former owners.

Since 1981, the ”Ioan Sima” Art Gallery starts its activity here, named after the local visual artist who donated a large part of his works, as well as personal objects, to the County Museum of History and Art Zalău. The museum was inaugurated on the 9th of July 1981, in the presence of 400 guests and officials.

Two years later, in 1983, the museum area of the gallery was extended with eight more rooms, created so that they naturally continue the first part of the gallery and to be able to offer a generous space that is fragmented, yet unified, to all artists.

Since 2009, the name of “Ioan Sima” Art Gallery will change into the “Ioan Sima” Art Museum. Besides the visual arts permanent exhibition, the Museum hosts an impressive collection of butterflies and organizes different temporary exhibitions.

The information is taken from the album ,"Zalău – magical places" elaborated by the County Museum of History and Art Zalău, in 2012, through a cultural project financed by the Municipality of Zalău.

Ioan Sima Art Gallery
Tuesday – Friday 09:00 - 17:00
Price: 4 lei for adults, 2 lei for retired people and 1 leu for children and organized groups of pupils and students
9, Unirii Str., 450042, Zalau, Salaj County

Related items

  • CITY HALL OF ZALĂU

    The City Hall of Zalău was built between 1872 and 1889, most probably after the plans of the architect from Cluj Debreczeni Balasz.

  • REFORMED CHURCH

    Erected in 1712 on the ruins of an older church, it suffered several extension and renovation works

  • ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

    The building of this church started at the beginning of 1878, and the consecration took place in 1884.

  • DORMITION OF VIRGIN MARY CATHEDRAL

    Situated in the center of the city, it was built in 1930 – 1932 with support from the parishioners and from the State.

  • ANGELS FOUNTAIN

    Created after 1854, when the city administration allotted the amount of 12 646 K 75 FIL to build it

events

« October 2019 »
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      
  • USEFUL ADDRESSES
    Municipality of Zalău
    3, Iuliu Maniu Square, Phone: 0260 610550; Fax: 0260 610550
    Email: primaria@zalausj.ro , Web: www.zalausj.ro
    Sălaj County Hospital
    67 Simion Barnutiu Str., Phone: 0260 616920
    Zalău Police
    14, Tudor Vladimirescu Str., Phone: 0260 661285, http://sj.politiaromana.ro
    Read more...

exchange

EUR: Euro 4.7524 Lei
USD: Dolar SUA 4.3164 Lei
GBP: Lira sterlina 5.4550 Lei
up to date: 15/10/2019


www.inforegio.ro
 

Investim în viitorul tău ! Proiect selectat în cadrul Programului Operaţional Regional şi cofinanţat de Uniunea Europeană prin Fondul European pentru Dezvoltare Regională. Conţinutul acestui material nu reprezintă în mod obligatoriu poziţia oficială a Uniunii Europene sau a Guvernului României. Pentru informaţii detaliate despre celelalte programe cofinanţate de Uniunea Europeană, vă invităm să vizitaţi www.fonduri-ue.ro

© UAT Municipiul ZALAU